- Be picky with produce -only buy the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meat
- Avoid pre-packaged meats like sausages, deli meat, and bacon
- Toss any overly-ripe fruits and vegetables, or give them to a migraine-free friend
- Consume or freeze leftovers within 24-36 hours
- Lower protein foods tend to have less tyramine build up than higher, so some fruits and vegetables may keep longer than meat
- Avoid fermented foods
- Long simmered stocks and broths can increase tyramine content; try making you own fresh stock
Alicia is a Vestibular Migraine patient on a mission to offer positivity, hope, and encouragement to other migraine suffers. She develops delicious migraine-friendly recipes that are easy to make, and shares her work and experiences online at TheDizzyCook.com, Migraine Again, and as an Ambassador for the Vestibular Disorder Association.